WooToApp allows your users to sign in with facebook, to make checkout faster and easier. Ultimately, creating the Facebook App will lead to increased mobile sales.
Note: “Facebook App” is really just an identifier that facebook uses. It’s not a real app, and requires no work after this initial setup.
#2: If you get stuck on this step, email us at [email protected] and we’ll help out. We can do this for you.
Creating a Facebook App – Tutorial
Here’s a quick guide to creating a Facebook App so your users can sign in with their facebook account.
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps/ and hit “Add a New App”.
(Facebook may ask you to create a developer account first if you’ve never done this before)
- Name your app, and enter an appropriate contact email. Hit “Create App ID”
- Select “Facebook Login” to configure the facebook login parameters.
- (Take note of the Facebook App ID – we’ll need this!)
- Configure the app settings. This includes uploading a nice icon, linking your terms of service and
attempt to sign in with Facebook. Your category is almost definitely shopping!
- Click “Add Platform” as highlighted in the screenshot above. First, Add iOS.
- The only configuration needed for iOS is to add “host.exp.Exponent” Bundle ID.
- Click “Add Platform” again and add Android.
Paste in these two key hashes (don’t try to type them!):
- That’s it! We’re done. Hit “Save Changes”. Don’t forget you need the Facebook App ID when you head back to the plugin to finish setup.
- If you’re setting this up for a WooToApp Facebook login, switch back to the WooToApp Settings now in your
wp-admin dashboard and paste in your Facebook App ID. (Don’t have the plugin? get it here)